White Bean + Corn Summer Salad
Really Haley...another salad? I know. Make it stop. BUT I CAN'T. And I WON'T. They're fast. They're easy. They're loaded with vitamins, nutrients, and flavor. They're light enough to ward off that post-lunchtime lethargy, but filling enough to keep you going until dinner. The white beans and feta in this salad lend a smooth, luscious texture, and pack enough protein to eliminate the need for the addition of meat.
This salad has been meeting all the needs this summer. Between all of the meetings, events, new friendships formed, and adventures, I've found almost every moment in my planner penciled in, making it absolutely crucial for me to stay focused, fueled, and on my A-game. I seriously can't get enough. I don't know what I'm going to do when it starts to get cool outside and I actually have to use my oven again...it will be like a reunion with a long lost friend: kind of awkward, yet kind of familiar at the same time, I'll probably sweat nervously and drop a lot of utensils.
Anyways. I promise I'll post something sweet next. Because you know, balance. In other news, I'm headed to NYC this week! So excited for everything that my sister and I have planned...and to share some of my experiences with you all! Stay tuned. Now...salad time!
White Bean + Summer Corn Salad:
- 1 can (14 oz.) organic, low-sodium white (navy) beans
- 2 ears organic corn, shucked off the cob
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c fresh torn basil
- 1/2 c crumbled goat's feta
- 1/4 c shelled pistachios
Garlic Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
Method to the madness: Assemble all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.
Tasty tips: Also tastes great tossed with a head of chopped crisp romaine if you're craving some foliage!
P.S.- I wanted to share with you guys some things I have been fan-girling over this month, and have included links so that you all can become obsessed as well!
- Kokonut Yogurt I have become absolutely smitten with this brand of dairy-free yogurt made from organic coconuts that is local to Austin. I first discovered Erinn at the Saturday Farmer's Market and fell absolutely in love with her artisanal flavors and the smooth, thick texture of her yogurt. Made with only minimal, clean ingredients and lots of love, I've been using Kokonut Yogurt for everything--in smoothies, on toasts, or with my favorite granola and fruit!
- Rx Bars Even though I work for Thunderbird Bars, sometimes I like to change up my mid-morning bar routine. Founded on the same core values as Thunderbird Bars--real foods, minimal ingredients, no refined sugar, I love that these bars also incorporate egg whites for extra protein. The coconut chocolate, blueberry, and peanut butter flavors have definitely become regulars in my bar rotation!
- theSkimm I was the weird college kid last year who would wake up and to my roommates' dismay turn on the news to watch with my morning coffee. However, I've recently discovered theSkimm, a daily newsletter delivered to my email that catches me up on current events and politics in a witty, millennial, not to mention discreet, way. Now, I can feel educated and informed without feeling like a 30 year old...
That's it for this tonight! Enjoy folks! Can't believe that in just 12 hours I'll be on my way back to New York...